Who is it for?
The half-day ‘Introduction to Mental Health in the Workplace’ is a Level 1 course aimed at those who wish to increase their awareness of Mental Health problems associated with work and everyday life and how they can improve their own mindfulness.
Those completing this course may wish to consider either the 1-day (Level 2) Emergency Mental Health First Aid or 2-day (Level 3) Mental Health First Aid courses.
The course requires 3 hours of contact time to which must be added any breaks. Typically, we put a 15-minute break in to this course. Courses cannot be taught over 2, split sessions.
There is a multi-choice question paper at the end of the course.
If classroom based then there simply needs to be adequate room for the candidates to be seated comfortably with a 2-meatre teaching space for the trainer.
There are no physical exercises on this course.
If joining a remote course via Zoom then you will need an appropriate device with both sound and a camera. We strongly recommend that a PC, laptop, iPad or similar are used rather than a smartphone.
On remote courses, a second, internet enabled device with a camera will be required as the assessment has to be viewed from behind.
Costs (all plus VAT)
|At your premises
|16 delegates (max)
The maximum numbers for a Teams based course is 8 delegates.
Teams based courses are charged at National rate.
- An introduction to some of the principles of Mental Health & Mental Illness
- To increase the awareness of stress & its effect on Mental Health
- To improve understanding of Mental Illness & Mental Health conditions (with a focus on depression & suicide
- To highlight the importance of language when supporting others
- Increase awareness of the importance of self-care