The First Aid Team is a trading name of SV Training Limited who also trade as J I Training, Facts Training and Driveline Training. We are registered in England at Companies House number 14146004.
Our VAT registration number is 420 0906 45.
Our registered office address is Tranquil Cottage, Broad Street, Sutton Valence, Kent, ME17 3AJ. It should be noted that these are purely administrative offices and no training is carried out at this address.
We are an approved centre for Qualsafe number 905049 and are registered with the Information Commissioners Office under the terms of the Data Protection Act.
Training Course Booking Terms (as at 1st August 2022)
Once you have booked a course and we have confirmed it to you in writing which includes electronically or by email then the following terms and conditions shall apply:
- We will provide the requisite training booked using appropriately qualified trainers.
- Once we have confirmed a booking to you, the price will remain fixed (subject to government action). Other than this we reserve the right to alter our prices without notice
- If an ‘open’ course then we will provide an appropriate venue and the cost of this is included in the price.
- We reserve the right to cancel any ‘open’ course if the numbers booked are not sufficient to allow for the event to run profitably. If we take this step, then we will offer either a full refund or alternative training arrangements.
- If a ‘closed’ or private course then the price is quoted on the presumption that you will provide an appropriate venue. If you wish us to provide a venue then we can do so but the cost will be added to the cost of the course.
- If a course being is being taught in part or wholly by video conferencing then it is your responsibility to ensure that you and or the candidates have access to a suitable means of participating. We recommend a desktop personal computer, laptop or tablet. We advise against smart or mobile telephones. Devices must have audio and video connectivity and allow participation including the completion of tasks and written exercises.
- In the event of there being a significant loss of connectivity during a course being taught by electronic means then where the loss is as a result of our connectivity then we will arrange for an alternative course date or at our discretion a refund of any course fees that have been paid. Where the loss is as a result of your loss of your connectivity then we will attempt to offer a suitable alternative date for the course or at our discretion a full refund of any fees paid
- Start times of courses are start times and not arrival times. If a candidate is late they will miss part of the course. If a candidate is 30 minutes late or more on a full day’s course or 15 minutes late or more on a half-day’s course then they will not be allowed to join the course. No refunds will be given in this eventuality.
- All practical assessments and written exams will have to be passed before certification can be issued. Candidates will not receive formal certificates where these are needed and no refunds will be given if students do not pass the assessments or exams; at best (and at our discretion) a Certificate of Attendance will be supplied. It should be noted that a reasonable degree of fluency in English is required for all courses and that all exams are in English as required by Ofqual.
- First Aid training involves a number of floor exercises and candidates must be able to fully participate in these. Whilst we are practiced in accommodating a wide range of physical needs and learning difficulties we are not specialists in this area so you must advise us of anyone who may have difficulties with lying or kneeling on the floor or have any other constraints that may cause them difficulties in fully participating. We will not accept any responsibility for outcomes nor will we give any refunds if we have not been advised or consulted. As always, we do make every effort to make reasonable adaptions for all candidates.
- We reserve the right to refuse, eject or reject anyone who has been booked on a course. If this occurs then a refund will not be made.
- Course fees are due before the course starts. If these are not paid then, certificates will not be released until full payment has been made.
- The following table of charges will apply to all cancellations and date changes by you irrespective of the type of course booked and once the booking has been confirmed by us. No charge is made if you change the name of the person attending.
|Time before the course starts
|1 calendar month or more
|1 month – 2 weeks
|1 – 2 weeks
|1 week – 2 days
|Failure to attend
- All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous versions.
- This contract is subject to the laws of England & Wales.