Who is it for?
The provision of appropriate Mental Health First Aid is a requirement for all employers and is just as important as physical First Aid. Studies have shown time and again, the importance of good mental health in the workplace, both for the sake of individual employees and for the fiscal health of the business in question. Therefore, we offer comprehensive Mental Health First Aid Training both in house and as open courses. These courses can be taught in person or online via Zoom*
The 1/2 day Mental Health Awareness Course requires 4 hours of contact time.
There is no formal assessment for this course.
If joining a Teams based course then you will need an appropriate device with sound and a camera. We would strongly recommend that a PC, laptop, iPad or similar is used rather than a smartphone.
Costs (all plus VAT)
|At your premises
|16 delegates (max.)
The maximum numbers for a Teams based course is 8 delegates.
Teams based courses are charged at National rate.
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma.
- Basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue in the workplace
- An understanding of the importance of having trained Mental Health First Aiders in your organisation The course covers the following areas:
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety disorders, Psychosis, Eating disorders, Suicide, Self-harm
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources for the workplace